This qualification is designed to meet the needs of builders, including selecting contractors, overseeing the work and its quality, and liaising with the client. The builder may also be the appropriately licensed person with responsibility under the relevant building licensing authority in the State or Territory.
The qualification also meets the needs of senior managers within building, construction and services firms typically working in larger organisations and managing more complex projects and processes.
There are no entry requirements for this course. It is recommended that participants:
- Hold a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the general construction industry
- Are employed within the building and construction industry
This qualification is offered through a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Gap Training method:
- Students’ existing skills and knowledge are considered against course requirements. Examples of evidence collected include:
- Direct evidence – such as samples of work, photos, video, references
- Indirect evidence – such as awards, resumes, workplace memos/letters
- Historical evidence – such as past employer references, logbooks
- Evidence is evaluated and gaps in students’ knowledge and skills are determined so that training and assessment can be organised. Where entire units are to be assessed in full, students are given access to an external online learning program to complete.
- Where RPL is requested, students are supplied with an RPL application upon enrolment
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
Total number of units = Ten (10)
- BSBOHS603B Analyse and evaluate OHS risk
- CPCCBC6001B Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for large building projects
- CPCCBC6003A Establish, maintain and review contract administration procedures and frameworks
- CPCCBC6018A Manage processes for complying with legal obligations of a building or construction contractor
- BSBRSK501 – Manage risk
- CPCCBC6007A – Develop, plan and implement appropriate building or construction environmental management practices and processes
- CPCCBC6009A – Develop, plan and implement an appropriate building or construction planning processs
- CPCCBC6014A – Apply structural principles to the construction of large, high rise and complex buildings
- CPCCBC6016A – Assess construction faults in large building projects
- CPCCBC6017A – Evaluate services layout and connection methods for the planning of large building projects
Participants will be required to provide evidence of their skills and experience. CSTC will supply an RPL Application outlining specific evidence requirements.
Applicants may be eligible for CSQ Funding, with reduced pricing listed in the table below.
CSQ Funding Fee Table
Qualification code and title Funding SEQ Funding Regional Funding Remote BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety $2,700.00 $3, 375.00 $4,050.00 BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety $2,700.00 $3, 375.00 $4,050.00 BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety $2,760.75 $3, 450.75 $4,141.12 BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management $2,565.00 $3,206.25 $3,847.50 CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) $5,670.00 $7,087.50 $8,505.00 CPC40208 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Contract Administration) $3,037.50 $3,796.87 $4,556.25 CPC40308 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Estimating) $4,725.00 $5,906.25 $7,087.50 CPC50210 Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) $7,917.75 $9,897.18 $11,876.62 CPC60212 Advanced Diploma of Building and Construction (Management) $4,421.25 $5,526.56 $6,631.87 RII40715 Certificate IV in Civil Construction Supervision $4,725.00 $5,906.25 $7,087.50 RII50415 Diploma of Civil Construction Management $6,750.00 $8,437.50 $10,125.00
CSTC offers competitive pricing for those who don’t meet the funding criteria, as listed in the table below:
|Service||Fee for Service Price|
|Recognition of Prior Learning||$5,500.00|
Please contact the CSTC office on 07 3373 8888.
HOW TO ENROL
Interested applicants should download a copy of the Student Enrolment Form, complete and submit it along with payment. Course prices listed on the website are subject to change without notice.
Download the Student Handbook and access information on:
- Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer
- Fees and Charges
- Payment terms and conditions (including refunds)
- Complaints and appeals process
- Student Support