This qualification underpins a range of work functions and job roles that can lead to a horticultural trade qualification. Further training pathways from this qualification include any of the specialist qualifications at Certificate III. Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include: Horticulture worker or Horticulture assistant.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. It is recommended that participants:
- Be at least 15 years of age or older and;
- Have at least a year 8 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills.
This qualification may be delivered in a clustered, blended approach combining traditional classroom training, distance or online learning with work-based experiences, recognition of prior learning and allowable credit transfers. The classroom component of the qualification is customised to suit the individual client needs. The length and complexity of work-based training sessions will differ and be dependent on the progress of individual participants. Accelerated learning is open to all participants providing that they are able to demonstrate competency in all units required to gain the qualification.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
Total number of units = Fifteen (15)
- Five (5) core units
- Ten (10) elective units
- AHCWHS201 Participate in work health and safety processes
- AHCPCM201 Recognise plants
- AHCPMG201 Treat weeds
- AHCPMG202 Treat plant pests, diseases and disorders
- AHCSOL202 Assist with soil or growing media sampling and testing
- AHCCHM201 Apply chemicals under supervision
- AHCINF203 Maintain properties and structures
- AHCIRG217 Assist with pressurised irrigation operations
- AHCLSC201 Assist with landscape construction work
- AHCLSC204 Lay paving
- AHCMOM203 Operate basic machinery and equipment
- AHCMOM204 Undertake operational maintenance of machinery
- AHCNSY201 Pot up plants
- AHCNSY202 Care for nursery plants
- AHCNSY203 Undertake propagation activities
- AHCNSY204 Maintain indoor plants
- AHCPCM202 Collect, prepare and preserve plant specimens
- AHCPGD201 Plant trees and shrubs
- AHCPGD203 Prune shrubs and small trees
- AHCPGD204 Transplant small trees
- AHCPGD206 Conduct visual inspection of park facilities
- AHCTRF202 Prepare turf surfaces for play
- AHCTRF204 Support turf establishment
- AHCWRK204 Work effectively in the industry
- AHCWRK205 Participate in workplace communications
- AHCWRK207 Collect and record production data
- AHCWRK209 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- MEM18001C Use hand tools
- TLID1001 Shift materials safely using manual handling methods
Participants will be required to successfully complete a series of assessment tasks which may include a written exam, practical demonstration / observation, case studies, assignments and group activities.
Applicants may be eligible for VET in Schools Program (VETiS) Funding.
Applicants may be eligible for User Choice Funding (Apprenticeship and traineeship Funding), with reduced pricing listed in the table below.
User Choice Funding Fee Table
Qualifications Student co-contribution fee (Non-Concessional) Student co-contribution fee (Concessional) RII20715 - Certificate II in Civil Construction $1.60 per nominal hour $0.64 per nominal hour CPC30313 - Certificate III in Concreting $1.60 per nominal hour $0.64 per nominal hour CPC30511 - Certificate III in Dogging $1.60 per nominal hour $0.64 per nominal hour CPC30711 - Certificate III in Rigging $1.60 per nominal hour $0.64 per nominal hour CPC30911 - Certificate III in Scaffolding $1.60 per nominal hour $0.64 per nominal hour CPC31111 - Certificate III in Steelfixing $1.60 per nominal hour $0.64 per nominal hour RII30815 - Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations $1.60 per nominal hour $0.64 per nominal hour RII30915 - Certificate III in Civil Construction (Streams 1,2.3,4,9) $1.60 per nominal hour $0.64 per nominal hour AHC20416 - Certificate II in Horticulture $1.60 per nominal hour $0.64 per nominal hour AHC31016 - Certificate III in Parks and Gardens $1.60 per nominal hour $0.64 per nominal hour AHC30916 - Certificate III in Landscape Construction $1.60 per nominal hour $0.64 per nominal hour AHC20916 - Certificate II in Sports Turf Management $1.60 per nominal hour $0.64 per nominal hour AHC31316 - Certificate III in Sports Turf Management $1.60 per nominal hour $0.64 per nominal hour
CSTC offers competitive pricing for those who don’t meet the funding criteria, as listed in the table below:
|Service||Fee for Service Price|
|Recognition of Prior Learning||$1,100.00|
|Full course (Online/Classroom)||$4,230.00|
Please contact the CSTC office on 07 3373 8888.
HOW TO ENROL
Interested applicants should download a copy of the Student Enrolment Form, complete and submit it along with payment. Course prices listed on the website are subject to change without notice.
Download the Student Handbook and access information on:
- Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer
- Fees and Charges
- Payment terms and conditions (including refunds)
- Complaints and appeals process
- Student Support