Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) assist in the consultation, coordination and cooperation processes. They represent workers and communicate their views up the chain of responsibility, to supervisors and management. This Workplace Health and Safety Queensland (WHSQ) approved course satisfies the annual refresher requirements for this role. It is intended to give participants the necessary skills and knowledge to perform this role, including:
- An understanding of the Work Health and Safety (WHS) legislation, as it applies to their role;
- An awareness of workplace consultation as an integral part of an effective WHS Management System (WHSMS)
- Guidance on how to issue Provisional Improvement Notices and direct unsafe work to cease
- This course is intended for existing HSRs. Persons eligible for this refresher course must have completed the initial WHSQ approved training course and acted as a HSR within the last three years.
- It is recommended that participants have at least a Year 8 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills.
This course is delivered over one (1) day through a face-to-face classroom session. Upon successful completion of this course participants will receive a Statement of Attendance.
Assessment is based on participation within informal class activities and attendance over the entire course duration.
The course fee is $200.00.
View upcoming course dates, otherwise contact the CSTC office on 07 3373 8888.
HOW TO ENROL
Interested applicants should download a copy of the Student Enrolment Form, complete and submit it along with payment. Course prices listed on the website are subject to change without notice.
Download the Student Handbook and access information on:
- Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer
- Fees and Charges
- Payment terms and conditions (including refunds)
- Complaints and appeals process
- Student Support