This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply project management skills and knowledge. They may manage projects in a variety of contexts, across a number of industry sectors. They have project leadership and management roles and are responsible for achieving project objectives. They possess a sound theoretical knowledge base and use a range of specialised, technical and managerial competencies to initiate, plan, execute and evaluate their own work and/or the work of others.
There are no entry requirements for this course. It is recommended that participants:
- Have at least a year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have access to workplace documentation used to document and manage project scope, examples of project schedules, reports and feedback from project stakeholders regarding time management, quality monitoring and improvement practices, budgets and other financial documents, risk management documentation.
- Have basic computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint) and the ability to research information from a variety of sources.
This qualification is delivered in a clustered, online approach with work-based experiences. Learners complete units of competency by logging into an online learning system, studying the required unit content before completing a series of project based assessments. Upon completion, assessments are uploaded by the learner for the assessor to mark. Accelerated learning (i.e. recognition of prior learning and/or credit transfers) is open to all participants providing that they are able to demonstrate competency in all units required to gain the qualification.
Units of Competency
Total number of units = Twelve (12)
- Eight (8) core units
- Four (4) elective units
- BSBPMG511 Manage project scope
- BSBPMG512 Manage project time
- BSBPMG513 Manage project quality
- BSBPMG514 Manage project cost
- BSBPMG515 Manage project human resources
- BSBPMG516 Manage project information and communication
- BSBPMG517 Manage project risk
- BSBPMG521 Manage project integration
- BSBPMG518 Manage project procurement
- BSBPMG519 Manage project stakeholder engagement
- BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
Participants will be required to successfully complete a series of assessment tasks which may include a written exam, practical demonstration / observation, case studies, assignments and group activities.
Fee for Service
$2,700.00 (Online/Classroom Fee)
How to apply
Interested applicants should contact our friendly team on 07 3373 8888.