This qualification is designed to meet the needs of specialist demolition workers who dismantle and demolish public, residential, commercial and industrial buildings of all types, and process the resulting materials for salvage, recycling and waste disposal.
There are no entry requirements for this course. It is recommended that participants:
- Be at least 20 years of age
- Have completed Year 10
- Have been employed in the demolition industry and have a minimum of four years’ experience
This qualification is delivered through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). This process involves the candidate providing their assessor with information about their work history, experience, previous formal/informal learning and current work functions/skills to determine their entitlement to the qualification.
Upon enrolment, the candidate will be provided with a RPL Application to complete in their own time, which will enable them to provide evidence of their experience. Once the RPL Application has been completed and submitted to the Registered Training Organisation (RTO), an interview with an assessor will be arranged. This interview will allow the candidate to explain the evidence provided, and allow the assessor to question the candidate on their knowledge skill and experience. The assessor may also conduct site visits to confirm the candidate’s level of knowledge and skill.
If gaps in knowledge, skill or experience are identified, further training can be provided for the candidate to obtain the qualification. The duration of this training is dependent on the individual candidate’s prior and current work experience, and as such will vary in duration.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
Total number of units = Eighteen (18)
- Eight (8) core units
- Ten (10) elective units
- Up to two (2) of the units may be chosen from other Certificate III or Certificate IV qualifications in CPC08 or another current Training Package or accredited course
- CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCCM2001A Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCCM2010B Work safely at heights
- CPCCDE3016A Identify hazards on demolition sites and apply risk management strategies
- CPCCDE3017A Select and use hand tools and equipment for demolition tasks
- CPCCDE3018A Select and use small plant and equipment for demolition tasks
- CPCCDE3019A Demolish small buildings and structures using hand tools and small plant and equipment
- CPCCDE3020A Select and use tools and equipment for hot work in the demolition industry
- CPCCCM1015A Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCCM2007B Use explosive power tools
- CPCCLDG3001A Licence to perform dogging
- CPCCLRG3001A Licence to perform rigging basic level
- CPCCLRG3002A Licence to perform rigging intermediate level
- CPCCLSF2001A Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding basic level
- CPCCLSF3001A Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding intermediate level
- CPCCRI3001A Operate personnel and materials hoists
- CPCCSC2001A Safely handle and use scaffolding tools and equipment
- CPCCSF2003A Cut and bend materials using oxy-LPG equipment
- RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
- TLILIC2001 Licence to operate a forklift truck
- TLILIC2005 Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 meters or more)
Participants will be required to successfully complete a series of assessment tasks which may include a written exam, practical demonstration / observation, case studies, assignments and group activities.
FEE FOR SERVICE
|Initial Report (non - refundable)||Full Qualification||Partial Qualification (Minimum licencing requirements) 6 Units|
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should contact our friendly team on 07 3373 8888.