This course intends to provide participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to become a fitness instructor or personal trainer. The course is designed to cater to the modern instructor, offering a wide variety of class formats and training.
- Have at least a year 8 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills.
This course is delivered and assessed face to face or online/distance learning with practical activity sessions over a 12 month period.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
16 units must be completed:
- 9 core units
- 7 elective units
- SISFFIT001 Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- SISFFIT002 Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- SISFFIT003 Instruct fitness programs
- SISFFIT004 Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT005 Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT014 Instruct exercise to older clients
- SISXCCS001 Provide quality service
- SISXFAC001 Maintain equipment for activities
- SISXIND001 Work effectively in sport, fitness and recreation environments
- BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- First Aid Cluster (providing credit for HLTAID003 Provide first aid, plus 1 of the following units)
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- SISFFIT006 Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISFFIT007 Instruct group exercise sessions
- SISFFIT011 Instruct approved community fitness programs
Participants will be required to successfully complete a series of assessment tasks.
- Qualification assessment is made up of:
- Short response
- Multiple choice
- Case studies
FEE FOR SERVICE
|Service||Fee for Service Price|
|Recognition of Prior Learning||$1,100.00|
|Full Course (Online)||$1,600.00|
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should contact our friendly team on 07 3373 8888.