This course intends to provide participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to become a fitness instructor or personal trainer. The course is designed to cater to the modern instructor, offering a wide variety of class formats and training.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. It is recommended that participants:
- Be at least 15 years of age or older and;
- Have at least a year 8 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills.
This qualification may be delivered in a clustered, blended approach combining traditional classroom training, distance or online learning with work-based experiences, recognition of prior learning and allowable credit transfers. The classroom component of the qualification is customised to suit the individual client needs. The length and complexity of work-based training sessions will differ and be dependent on the progress of individual participants. Accelerated learning is open to all participants providing that they are able to demonstrate competency in all units required to gain the qualification..
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
16 units must be completed:
- 9 core units
- 7 elective units
- SISFFIT001 Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- SISFFIT002 Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- SISFFIT003 Instruct fitness programs
- SISFFIT004 Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT005 Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT014 Instruct exercise to older clients
- SISXCCS001 Provide quality service
- SISXFAC001 Maintain equipment for activities
- SISXIND001 Work effectively in sport, fitness and recreation environments
- BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- First Aid Cluster (providing credit for HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation and HLTAID003 Provide first aid)
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- SISFFIT006 Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISFFIT007 Instruct group exercise sessions
- SISFFIT011 Instruct approved community fitness programs
Participants will be required to successfully complete a series of assessment tasks which may include a written exam, practical demonstration / observation, case studies, assignments and group activities.
FEE FOR SERVICE
|Service||Fee for Service Price|
|Recognition of Prior Learning||$1,100.00|
|Full Course (Online)||$1,600.00|
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should contact our friendly team on 07 3373 8888.