This qualification provides a general vocational outcome in landscape construction. The landscaping industry expects this qualification to be achieved to meet job outcomes at this level. Further training pathways from this qualification include, but are not limited to, Certificate IV in Landscape.
This qualification is suitable for an Australian Apprenticeship. Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include: Landscaper.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. It is recommended that participants:
- Be at least 15 years of age or older and;
- Have at least a Year 8 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills.
This qualification may be delivered in a clustered, blended approach combining traditional classroom training, distance or online learning with work-based experiences, recognition of prior learning and allowable credit transfers. The classroom component of the qualification is customised to suit the individual client needs. The length and complexity of work-based training sessions will differ and be dependent on the progress of individual participants. Accelerated learning is open to all participants providing that they are able to demonstrate competency in all units required to gain the qualification.
Participants will be required to successfully complete a series of assessment tasks which may include a written exam, practical demonstration / observation, case studies, assignments and group activities.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
Total number of units = Fifteen (15)
- Eleven (11) core units
- Four (4) elective units
- AHCDRG301 Install drainage systems
- AHCLSC301 Set out site for construction works
- AHCLSC302 Construct landscape features using concrete
- AHCLSC303 Construct brick and/or block structures and features
- AHCLSC305 Construct stone structures and features
- AHCLSC306 Implement a paving project
- AHCLSC307 Implement a retaining wall project
- AHCPCM302 Provide information on plants and their culture
- AHCPGD301 Implement a plant establishment program
- AHCSOL303 Implement soil improvements for garden and turf areas
- AHCWHS301 Contribute to work health and safety processes
A maximum of four (4) units may be selected from units aligned to Certificates II, III or IV in AHC or from any other currently endorsed training package or accredited course. Selected units must be relevant to job outcomes in landscaping and must be chosen to ensure the integrity of the qualification outcome at AQF Level 3.
FEE FOR SERVICE PRICES
|Service||Fee for Service Price|
|Recognition of Prior Learning||$2,450.00|
|Full course (Online)||$6,070.00|
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should contact our friendly team on 07 3373 8888.