This qualification provides an occupational outcome in parks and gardens. The parks and gardens industry expects this qualification to be achieved to meet job outcomes at this level. Further training pathways from this qualification include, but are not limited to, Certificate III in Parks and Gardens.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include: Assistant gardener or Grounds person.
• Be at least 15 years of age or older and;
• Have at least a year 8 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills.
Self-paced over 12-24 months. Course materials, assessment guidelines and activities will be delivered in a distance/online learning format. Written assessments will be submitted online.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
Completion of fifteen (15) units made up of nine(9) core units and six (6) elective units.
- AHCCHM201 Apply chemicals under supervision
- AHCIRG217 Assist with pressurised irrigation operations
- AHCMOM203 Operate basic machinery and equipment
- AHCPGD201 Plant trees and shrubs
- AHCPMG201 Treat weeds
- AHCPCM201 Recognise plants
- AHCSOL202 Assist with soil or growing media sampling and testing
- AHCTRF204 Support turf establishment
- AHCWHS201 Participate in work health and safety processes
Participants will be required to successfully complete a series of assessment tasks which may include a written exam, practical demonstration / observation, case studies and group activities.
FEE FOR SERVICE
|Service||Fee for Service Price|
|Recognition of Prior Learning||$1,100.00|
|Full course (online)||$2,870.00|
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should contact our friendly team on 07 3373 8888.