Becoming a trainee will provide you with the ability to combine work with structured training. Trainees will be given the opportunity to learn an array of specialist practical skills and knowledge relevant to civil construction.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals working in an operational role in civil construction, who undertake a prescribed range of tasks using limited practical skills and fundamental knowledge, in a defined context working under supervision.
Upon successful completion of this traineeship students will receive qualification in RII20713 Certificate II in Civil Construction.
This qualification can be delivered full-time over eighteen (18) months full-time for thirty-six (36) months as school based. As well as on the job training by the employer component of the traineeship CSTC will deliver face to face off the job training through day release.
To be eligible to apply for this traineeship applicants must:
- Have completed Year 10 and be at least 15 years of age; and
- Be employed by an employer who works in the civil construction.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
The following table provides the packaging rules for this qualification, followed by the list of relevant units of competency.
Successful completion of sixteen (16) units of competency made up of:
- ten (10) Core units, and
- six (6) elective units of which:
- at least five (5) must come from the Group A or B electives listed below
- up to one (1) may come from AQF level II or III from this, or any other Training Package
Units chosen must be relevant to the job function. There are both licensed and non-licensed units of competency relating to high risk work in the Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package. To be appointed under any statutory requirements in related roles, units of competency should be selected to meet the state/territory licensing requirements. There are no prerequisites to imported units listed in this qualification. Where a unit is imported as an elective care must be taken to ensure that all prerequisites specified are complied with.
- RIIBEF201D Plan and organise work
- RIICCM201D Carry out measurements and calculations
- RIICCM202D Identify, locate and protect underground services
- RIICCM203D Read and interpret plans and job specifications
- RIICCM205D Carry out manual excavation
- RIICCM207D Spread and compact materials manually
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIISAM203D Use hand and power tools
- RIISAM204D Operate small plant and equipment
- CPCCCM2007B Use explosive power tools
- FPICOT2239A Trim and cross cut felled trees
- FPIFGM3204A Fall trees manually – intermediate
- RIICBS202D Hand spread asphalt
- RIICCM206D Support plant operations
- RIICCM208D Carry out basic levelling
- RIICCM209D Carry out concrete work
- RIICCM210D Install trench support
- RIICCM211D Erect and dismantle temporary fencing and gates
- RIICFW306D Direct pile driving operations
- RIICFW307D Direct cast in-situ piling operations
- RIICRC201D Repair potholes
- RIICRC208D Lay pipes
- RIIHAN211D Conduct basic scaffolding operations
- RIIHAN301D Operate elevating work platform
- RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
- RIIWHS205D Control traffic with stop-slow bat
- RIIRIS202D Respond to site based spills
- RIISAM201D Handle resources and infrastructure materials and safely dispose of nontoxic materials
- RIISAM205D Cut, weld and bend materials
- RIIWMG203D Drain and dewater civil construction site
- CPCCLDG3001A Licence to perform dogging
- CPCCLRG3001A Licence to perform rigging basic level
- CPCCLSF2001A Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding basic level
- TLILIC2005A Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 meters or more)
FEE FOR SERVICE
|Service||Fee for Service Price|
|Recognition of Prior Learning||$1,110.00|
|Full course (Classroom)||$2,750.00|
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should contact our friendly team on 07 3373 8888.