This qualification reflects the role of employees working in supervisory positions in civil construction. They are responsible for the quantity and quality of the output of others, contribute to the development of technical solutions to non-routine problems and apply management plans to the workplace.
This qualification is suitable for an Australian Traineeship.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. It is recommended that participants be employed within the civil construction industry.
This qualification may be delivered in a clustered, blended approach combining traditional classroom training, distance or online learning with work-based experiences, recognition of prior learning and allowable credit transfers. The classroom component of the qualification is customised to suit the individual client needs. The length and complexity of work-based training sessions will differ and be dependent on the progress of individual participants. Accelerated learning is open to all participants providing that they are able to demonstrate competency in all units required to gain the qualification.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
Total number of units = Twelve (12)
- Five (5) core units
- Seven (7) elective units
- At least two (2) must be chosen from Group A
- At least two (2) must be chosen from Group B
- No more than two (2) may be chosen from elsewhere within the RII training package, or from another endorsed training package or accredited course
- BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace
- BSBMGT402 Implement operational plan
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- RIICWM401D Supervise civil works
- RIIRIS401D Apply site risk management system
Group A Electives
- RIICBS401D Apply the principles of asphalt paving and compaction
- RIICPL401D Apply the principles for the installation of underground service using open excavation
- RIICRC401D Apply the principles of flexible pavement construction
- RIICSG401D Apply the principles of civil concrete structures construction
- RIICWM402D Supervise civil works contractors
- RIIMPO402D Apply the principles of earthworks construction
Group B Electives
- BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBLED401 Develop teams and individuals
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- RIIENV401D Supervise dust and noise control
- RIIGOV401D Apply, monitor and report on compliance systems
- RIIQUA401D Apply a quality management system on site
- RIIRIS301D Apply risk management processes
- RIIWHS302D Implement traffic management plan
Participants will be required to successfully complete a series of assessment tasks which may include a written exam, practical demonstration / observation, case studies, assignments and group activities.
FEE FOR SERVICE
|Service||Fee for Service Price|
|Recognition of Prior Learning||$3,850.00|
HOW TO ENROL
Interested applicants should download a copy of the Student Enrolment Form from the website and submit it with payment. Payment options are provided on the Student Enrolment Form or online, and course prices are listed on the website calendar are subject to change without notice.