This qualification is aimed at individuals entering the resources and infrastructure industry. It provides an introduction into the industry’s culture, occupations, possible job roles and workplace expectations. This qualification allows individuals to develop basic skills and knowledge to prepare for work. They will undertake a range of simple tasks under close supervision.
There are no entry requirements for this course. It is recommended that participants:
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Have access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – including steel capped safety boots, hi-vis work clothing, hard hat, ear and eye protection
This qualification may be delivered in an approach combining traditional classroom training with practical experiences, recognition of prior learning and allowable credit transfers. The classroom component of the qualification is customised to suit the individual client needs. The length and complexity of training sessions will differ and be dependent on the progress of individual participants. Accelerated learning is open to all participants providing that they are able to demonstrate competency in all units required to gain the qualification.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
Total number of units = Nine (9)
- Three (3) core units
- Six (6) elective units
- RIIENV201D Identify and assess environmental and heritage concerns
- RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- CPCCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
- RIIBEF201D Plan and organise work
- RIICCM201D Carry out measurements and calculations
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- RIISAM201D Handle resources and infrastructure materials and safely dispose of nontoxic materials
- RIISAM203D Use hand and power tools
Participants will be required to successfully complete a series of assessment tasks which may include a written exam, practical demonstration / observation, case studies, assignments and group activities.
FEE FOR SERVICE
|Service||Fee for Service Price|
|Recognition of Prior Learning||$1,110.00|
|Full course (Classroom)||$2,750.00|
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should contact our friendly team on 07 3373 8888.