This qualification is aimed at individuals entering the resources and infrastructure industry. It provides an introduction into the industry’s culture, occupations, possible job roles and workplace expectations. This qualification allows individuals to develop basic skills and knowledge to prepare for work. They will undertake a range of simple tasks under close supervision.
There are no entry requirements for this course. It is recommended that participants:
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Have access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – including steel capped safety boots, hi-vis work clothing, hard hat, ear and eye protection
The course duration is eighteen (18) days, and can be structured to suit specific organisational requirements. Delivery is face-to-face in the classroom with practical exposure.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
Total number of units = Nine (9)
- Three (3) core units
- Six (6) elective units
- At least three (3) must be chosen from Group A
- No more than three (3) may be chosen from Group B
- No more than one (1) may be chosen from elsewhere within the RII training package, or from another endorsed training package or accredited course
- RIIENV201D Identify and assess environmental and heritage concerns
- RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIICCM201D Carry out measurements and calculations
- RIISAM201D Handle resources and infrastructure materials and safely dispose of nontoxic materials
- RIISAM203D Use hand and power tools
- RIIBEF201D Plan and organise work
- RIICCM203D Read and interpret plans and specifications
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
Participants will be required to successfully complete a series of assessment tasks which may include a written exam, practical demonstration / observation, case studies, assignments and group activities.
FEE FOR SERVICE
|Service||Fee for Service Price|
|Recognition of Prior Learning||$1,110.00|
|Full course (Classroom)||$2,750.00|
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should contact our friendly team on 07 3373 8888.