This qualification is designed to meet the needs of builders and managers of small to medium-sized building businesses, as per the license requirements of Queensland Building and Construction Commission. It provides the knowledge and skills required to coordinate the overall construction of low rise buildings, including selecting contractors, overseeing work and its quality, and liaising with clients.
There are no entry requirements for this course. It is recommended that participants:
- Hold a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the general construction industry
- Hold a trade qualification (i.e. Certificate III) in the construction industry
This qualification may be delivered in a clustered, blended approach combining traditional classroom training, distance or online learning with recognition of prior learning and allowable credit transfers. The learning component of the qualification is customised to suit the individual client needs. Accelerated learning is open to all participants providing that they are able to demonstrate competency in all units required to gain the qualification.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
Total number of units = Sixteen (16)
- Thirteen (13) core units
- Three (3) elective units
- Two of the three elective units may be selected from Certificate III, Certificate IV or Diploma from another endorsed Training Package or from CPC08, provided that at least one unit is from Certificate IV and the industry context is maintained
- BSBSMB406A Manage small business finances
- CPCCBC4001A Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise building projects
- CPCCBC4002A Manage occupational health and safety in the building and construction workplace
- CPCCBC4003A Select and prepare a construction contract
- CPCCBC4004A Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4005A Produce labour and material schedules for ordering
- CPCCBC4006B Select, procure and store construction materials for low rise projects
- CPCCBC4007A Plan building or construction work
- CPCCBC4008B Conduct on-site supervision of building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4009B Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4010B Apply structural principles to residential low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4011B Apply structural principles to commercial low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4012B Read and interpret plans and specifications
- BSBLDR403 Lead team effectiveness
- CPCCBC4016A Administer a construction contract
- CPCCBC4032A Apply contract law to sales process
Participants will be required to successfully complete a series of assessment tasks which may include a written exam, practical demonstration / observation, case studies, assignments and group activities.
FEE FOR SERVICE
|Service||Fee for Service Price|
|Recognition of Prior Learning||$3,850.00|
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should contact our friendly team on 07 3373 8888.