Rigging is the art of using cranes and other mechanical or manual load shifting equipment and gear to assemble/disassemble steel structures, move and place precast concrete items, move and place plant and equipment, set up or dismantle cranes and hoists.
This qualification can be delivered in the following ways:
- Two (2) years as a full-time trainee; or
- Four (4) years as a school based trainee; or
- RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) for experienced workers who wish to obtain a qualification.
- As well as on-the-job training by the employer component of the traineeship, the RTO will deliver face-to-face off the job training through day release.
There are no entry requirements for this course. To be eligible for a traineeship, applicants must:
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Have completed Year 10
- Be employed in the concreting field of the building and construction industry
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
Total number of units = Fifteen (15)
- Eleven (11) core units
- Four (4) elective units
- A maximum of one of the four required elective units may be substituted by selecting relevant units of competency from any Certificate III or IV construction qualification or qualification in another endorsed Training Package.
- CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1012A Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1013A Plan and organise work
- CPCCCM1014A Conduct workplace communication
- CPCCCM1015A Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCCM2001A Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCCM2010B Work Safely at Heights
- CMCCCM3001C Operate elevated work platforms
- CPCCCM3003A Work Safely around power sources, services and assets
- CPCCLRG3001A Licence to perform rigging basic level
- CPCCLRG3002A Licence to perform rigging intermediate level
- CPCCCM2007B Use explosive power tools
- CPCCCM3002A Operate a truck mounted loading crane
- CPCCLDG3001A Licence to perform dogging
- CPCCLHS3001A Licence to operate a personnel and materials hoist
- CPCCRI3001A Operate personnel and materials hoists
- CPCCRI3012A Perform basic rigging
- CPCCRI3013A Perform intermediate rigging
- CPCCRI3014A Perform advanced structural steel erection
- CPCCRI3015A Perform advanced tild up slab erection
- CPCCSC2002A Erect and dismantle basic scaffolding
- CPCCSF2003A Cut and bend materials using oxy-LPG equipment
- TLILIC2001 Licence to operaet a forklift truck
Participants will be required to successfully complete a series of assessment tasks which may include a written exam, practical demonstration / observation, case studies, assignments and group activities.
RPL candidates will be required to complete an application form, supply a resume and evidence of work activities such as references, testimonials, trade licences, job descriptions etc. Candidates are interviewed by the assessor and in most cases the assessor will want to watch you work, performing specific tasks or jobs on site. The assessor will identity any gaps in your skills and will recommend you undertake additional training.
FEE FOR SERVICE
|Service||Fee for Service Price|
|Recognition of Prior Learning||$2,150.00|
|Full course (Classroom)||$7,140|
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should contact our friendly team on 07 3373 8888.