This qualification provides an introduction to the construction industry, its culture, occupations, job roles and workplace expectations. The units of competency cover essential occupational health and safety requirements, the industrial and work organisation structure, communication skills, work planning, and basic use of tools and materials.
The qualification is suited to participants with no previous connection to the construction industry or relevant employment history, looking to gain experience or entry in general construction.
There are no entry requirements for this course. It is recommended that participants:
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Have access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – including steel capped safety boots, hi-vis work clothing, hard hat, gloves, ear and eye protection
Delivery is face-to-face in the classroom with practical exposure. The classroom component of the qualification is customised to suit the individual client needs. The length and complexity of training sessions will differ and be dependent on the progress of individual participants. Accelerated learning is open to all participants providing that they are able to demonstrate competency in all units required to gain the qualification.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
Total number of units = Eleven (11)
- Eight (8) core units
- Three (3) elective units
- Up to three (3) units from the list below
- No more than one (1) may be chosen from Certificate I or II qualifications within the CPC08 training package, or from another current training package or accredited course
- CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
- CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1012A Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1013A Plan and organise work
- CPCCCM1014A Conduct workplace communicatio
- CPCCCM2001A Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCCM2005B Use construction tools and equipment
- CPCCVE1011A Undertake a basic construction project
- CPCCCM1015A Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCCM2004A Handle construction materials
- TLID1001 Shift materials safely using manual handling methods
FEE FOR SERVICE
|Service||Fee for Service Price|
|Recognition of Prior Learning||$900.00|
|Full course (Classroom)||$2,110.00|
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should contact our friendly team on 07 3373 8888.