This course is intended to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to provide leadership and guidance with regard to Work Health and Safety. This qualification would suit a work place health and safety (WHS) officer in a full-time dedicated role who works under the supervision of a WHS Advisor or WHS Manager.
- It is preferred that students have at least a year nine level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills. Access to a workplace with a safety management system is preferred.
- Basic computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Power Point presentations and the ability to research information from a variety of sources are critical in achieving the desired outcomes.
- An understanding of Work Health and Safety legislation is beneficial to achieve successful outcomes.
- Prior to confirmation of course enrolment you are required to complete a pre-course assessment to assist CSTC in providing an appropriate training pathway which may include completion of an introduction to computers or Health and Safety Representatives course.
- Five (5) face-to face delivery days (typically Monday to Friday)
- 3 hours of home study per night
- Post face to face delivery – Incomplete assessments are required to be completed within the 12 month course completion date.
- Online learning, self-paced over 12 months.
- Learners complete units of competency by logging into the RTO online learning system, studying the required unit content before completing a series of project based assessments. Upon completion assessments are uploaded by the learning for a CSTC assessor to mark.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
There are ten (10) units of competency associated with this course:
- BSBWHS402 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS403 Contribute to the implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS404 Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control activities
- BSBWHS405 Contribute to the implementation and maintenance of a WHS management system
- BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
- BSBWHS407 Assist with claims management, rehabilitation and return-to-work programs
- BSBWHS408 Assist with effective WHS management of contractors
- BSBWHS409 Assist with workplace monitoring processes
- BSBWHS410 Contribute to worker health and wellbeing measures and initiatives
- BSBWHS510 Contribute to the implementation of emergency procedures
Participants will be required to successfully complete a series of assessment tasks which will include a folio, written activities, observation / practical demonstration, simulated activities, case studies and role plays. Access to a workplace with a safety management system may assist a number of assessments within the qualification.
FEE FOR SERVICE
|Full Fee (Online)||Full Fee (Classroom)||Full Fee (RPL)|
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should contact our friendly team on 07 3373 8888.